Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Barb,Bill, and Buddy


The weather is very nice now here in the desert even though the temperatures start out at 38-40 degrees. Just as soon as the sun comes up though it warms right up.

Yesterday we left about noon on our quads to see some friends who just got here from Oregon but ended up going on a neat neat ride. Barb and Bill were on their way to town with their motorhome for some inverter service so we headed to the mountains in search of a geocache. Well! The search took us above Quartzsite and up a very exciting trail. We actually parked the quads 1/4 mile from the coordinates of the cache and hiked up another 1500 feet, sometimes straight up, or so it seemed! But the view was worth the trip. We got HOT with all that exercise! We are looking forward to more rides like that one.

Today, we didn't ride because I had to go to my new 'job'. I have been volunteering at the Quartzsite Chamber of Commerce and today was my day to work. I actually like working there and meeting and greeting all the people that come in. I especially like seeing the first timers to Quartzsite. I get excited all over again as I feel their excitement to be here. Many of them are parked in the desert but lots are parked in the many RV parks here. I love sharing not only the local info they are seeking but also my and Terry's experiences here.

So we will ride another day. This entire week is supposed to be nice. And even when it is 60 degrees here in the desert it is much warmer than when it is 60 degrees in Indiana with the higher humidity.

1 comment:

Yarntangler said...

You and Terry sound like you made the right decision while in Kansas. I'm beginning to be jealous of you playing down there this month!

Your blog is looking great and I love reading it. keep it and the pictures coming!

My Blog List